May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Today's such a special day, remembering our ancestors and those that fought for our freedom. I lost an uncle, Richard, in WWII, he died in 1945 in the Battle of the Bulge. He was my father's oldest brother. Uncle Richard was reported missing for 8 long years before they found his remains. My dear grandmother would cry each time she spoke of her lost son. She would often tell me of how she would see his smiling face each time the kitchen door opened. It would break my heart to hear her tell of her sad experiences as tears would roll down her beautiful face. What a blessing they're together again. I miss my grandparents very much, they have all passed away. But every now and again I can feel them with me in spirit. I know I'll be with them again someday, and for that I am deeply grateful.

My family's Memorial Day tradition is to gather together to go to the cemetery to pay tribute to our loved ones, and then afterwards we have a BBQ at my parent's home. However, it's raining again!!! Ugh! It's so frustrating and it's cold too!!!! What a bummer! Yesterday was beautiful, we should have gotten together after church instead.... oh well... I'm sure we'll make the best of it.

My parents came over yesterday, I love them so very much. Our kids love it when they come to visit, they live close to us and so we're able to see them often. We are so blessed to have such a happy, loving family. I love family more than life! I couldn't imagine my life any other way.

Well, I hope you have a great Memorial Day! I'll chat with you later.
You have read this article with the title May 26, 2008. You can bookmark this page URL http://antsonafarm.blogspot.com/2008/05/may-26-2008.html. Thanks!

No comment for "May 26, 2008"

Post a Comment