Getting Back on Track!
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." ~Lou Holtz
YOU CAN DO IT!
Getting back on track with your fitness and weight loss goals after a festive holiday of overeating with family and friends can be overwhelming for some people. If you ate too much yesterday don’t worry you can regroup and attain your goals!
Typically at social gatherings there is plenty of high calorie foods and desserts to tempt and tantalize your taste buds. Often self discipline and control seem to go out the window the moment you step through the door. If you overindulged this past Easter weekend, don’t despair, there is nothing wrong with indulging a bit by eating succulent foods; in fact, it’s good for the body and mind to have a high calorie meal now and again after weeks of eating clean.
Unfortunately, many people have negative self talk in the aftermath of overeating and convince themselves that they already ruined their diet, they may think “Why should I continue try to lose weight or get in shape? I already gained weight back....” then before they know it they begin to mindlessly eat junk food and sweets, and lack the desire to continue to exercise which ultimately causes more weight gain and frustrations.
If you are discouraged here are 5 simple ways to get back on track to assist you in reaching your fitness goals.
5 Fitness Motivational Tips
1. Love yourself unconditionally. Think & speak positively to yourself. Visualize how you wish to be, and then believe that you are deserving to accomplish your dreams.
2. Write down your goals. Write them in the present tense, as though you have already accomplished them, i.e. “I have lost 10 pounds.” “I wake up each morning and exercise 6 days a week.” “I crave healthy whole foods each day.”
3. Visualize your success. Each morning and night focus and visualize exactly how you want to be, use all 5 senses. Post a photo for a visual aid of how you desire your physique to be. Have gratitude in your heart and give thanks aloud throughout the day for your miraculous body & for all the blessings in your life.
4. Be prepared! Write down your meals & workouts plans for a week, and then follow through!
5. Keep a gratitude, meal & workout journal. Being accountable to you is highly motivating. Keeping a gratitude journal will literally transform your thoughts to create the life & body of your dreams!
If you do the above faithfully you will achieve your fitness dreams easier! Believe in all that you are and have fun as you continue to strive to live a healthier & happier way of life.
You have read this article Motivation / weight loss with the title April 2011. You can bookmark this page URL http://antsonafarm.blogspot.com/2011/04/getting-back-on-track.html. Thanks!