5 TIPS TO GET BACK ON TRACK AFTER THANKSGIVING
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." ~Lou Holtz
YOU CAN DO IT!
If you're like me you most likely woke up to having to deal with post Thanksgiving "damage control"- not fun! Getting back on track with your fitness and weight loss goals after a festive holiday of overeating with family and friends can be overwhelming for some people. If you ate too much yesterday don’t worry you can regroup and get back to exercising daily and eating clean.!
Typically at social gatherings there are plenty of high calorie foods and desserts to tempt and tantalize your taste buds. Often self discipline and control seem to go out the window the moment you step through the door. If you overindulged this past Easter weekend, don’t despair, there is nothing wrong with indulging a bit by eating succulent foods; in fact, it’s good for the body and mind to have a high calorie meal now and again after weeks of eating clean.
Unfortunately, many people have negative self talk in the aftermath of overeating and convince themselves that they already ruined their diet, they may think “Why should I continue try to lose weight or get in shape? I already gained weight back....” then before they know it they begin to mindlessly eat junk food and sweets, and lack the desire to continue to exercise which ultimately causes more weight gain and frustrations.
If you are discouraged here are 5 simple ways to get back on track to assist you in reaching your fitness goals.
5 Fitness Tips To Get Back on Track!
1. Get back to the gym! It’s easy to let the day after Thanksgiving be a day of rest after waking up feeling the after effects of have way to many calories. But your body needs you to workout today more than ever to get it back on track and burn off some of the calories from yesterday. Commit to exercising for at least a week to help release the water weight you may have gained, it takes a few days for the body to balance itself again after eating a large high calorie meal and desserts.
2. Drink up! After eating a huge meal filled with carbs, fats sugars and sodium your body will have a lot of toxins to get rid of. Drink a gallon (or more) of purified water to flush out your system. A great detox drink to have first thing in the morning is 8 oz of warm water with 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (with Mother). a pinch of cayenne pepper & cinnamon mixed with 1 tsp raw honey. This will aid on detoxing your organs and digestive track.
3. Eat a low-carb diet. When you rat a lot of high carb foods your insulin increases turning your food into glucose in the blood and then storing the energy as fat. It also limits the body's ability to release store energy a.k.a. fat. So to turn your body onto a fat burning machine try to keep your carb intake to 50 grams a day. And stay away from gluten and dairy as well, they cause water weight retention and inflammation which will sabotage your efforts. Have your carbs in the AM and then eat protein and fresh veggies the rest of the day.
4. Write down your goals with a smile on your face. Write down goals that you will do this next week, be sure to write in the present tense, as though you have already accomplished them, i.e. “I weight ____.” “I love to workout!” “I crave healthy whole foods each day.” Believe in yourself that you can & will reach your goals and then follow through!
5. Visualize fitness success. Each morning and night focus and visualize exactly how you want to be, use all 5 senses. Post a photo for a visual aid of how you desire your physique to be. Have gratitude in your heart and give thanks aloud throughout the day for your miraculous body & for all the blessings in your life.
6. Plan ahead & be prepared! If you fail to plan you're basically planning to fail Write down your meals & workouts plans for a week, and then follow through! Keep a gratitude, meal & workout journal. Being accountable to you is highly motivating. Keeping a gratitude journal will literally transform your thoughts to create the life & body of your dreams!
If you do the above faithfully you will overcome the dreaded post Thanksgiving "hang-over" and will take care of the "damage" easily. Make exercise a high priority in your life to get your body, mind and spirit back on track. Believe in all that you are and have fun as you continue to strive to live a healthier & happier way of life.
Lifestyle Fitness Coach & Life Success Coach
You have read this article Diet / Lifestyle Fitness Coach / low-carb diet / Tips to ge back on track after Thanksgiving / weight loss with the title 6 TIPS TO GET BACK ON TRACK AFTER THANKSGIVING. You can bookmark this page URL http://antsonafarm.blogspot.com/2012/11/6-tips-to-get-back-on-track-after.html. Thanks!