LIVFIT RECIPE OF THE DAY...


"LIVFIT RECIPE OF THE DAY ~ CHICKEN MEXICAN SALAD"

I'm so happy it Friday!!! I live for the weekends; I love having my children home and spending quality time as a family. I also enjoy cooking and baking for my family and on the weekends I make sure I have plenty of delicious foods on hand and prepared for a fun weekend...

Today I prepared a family favorite, taco salad with chicken made in the Crockpot. It's delicious and highly nutritious; it's high in protein (which is a must), fiber, flavor, veggies, vitamins and minerals. And best of all ~ it's so easy to do!

Carol Whitaker's Low-Fat Chicken Mexican Salad

1 can black beans (low sodium)
1- 2 16 oz jar of your favorite salsa, plus extra
16 oz of fat-free cream cheese
3/4 cup sweet white corn
1 Tsp fresh cilantro
salt & pepper to taste (sea salt) optional
6 chicken breast (with all fat cut off)

Place ingredients in a Crockpot on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours, mix well every few hours.

2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped

Garnish:
1/2 avocado (optional)
1/2 cup fat free sour cream (optional)
extra salsa
1 medium tomatoe chopped
1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free cheese grated (optional)
Tortilla strips: Use whole grain low-carb tortillas cut into strips, spray with EVOO or cooking spray & sprinkle with sea salt if desired, broil for about 5 minutes and flip to other side, bake until browned.

Place lettuce in bowl, scoop delicious chicken mixture over salad, top with desired garnish. This meal is not only delicious but it's comforting on a cold winter's evening and it smells yummy!  Enjoy!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend... Liv Fit, Train Hard & Liv Happy! =)

~Carol Whitaker
You have read this article chicken taco salad / low fat cooking / Low Fat Recipes with the title LIVFIT RECIPE OF THE DAY.... You can bookmark this page URL http://antsonafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/livfit-recipe-of-day.html. Thanks!

No comment for "LIVFIT RECIPE OF THE DAY..."

Post a Comment